- Therapeutic Category : Anti Hyperlipidemic
- CAS Number : 147098-20-2
- Molecular Formula : C22H28FN3O6S
- Molecular Weight : 481.539 g/mol
- Mesh Size : As per Customer Requirement
- Metrochem Development Status : Wishlist
Mechanism of Action:
Rosuvastatin is a selective and competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, the rate-limiting enzyme that converts -3-hydroxy-3- methylglutaryl coenzyme A to mevalonate, a precursor of cholesterol. In vivo studies in animals, and in vitro studies in cultured animal and human cells have shown rosuvastatin to have a high uptake into, and selectivity for, action in the liver, the target organ for cholesterol lowering. In in vivo and in vitro studies, rosuvastatin produces its lipid-modifying effects in two ways. First, it increases the number of hepatic LDL receptors on the cell-surface to enhance uptake and catabolism of LDL. Second, rosuvastatin inhibits hepatic synthesis of VLDL, which reduces the total number of VLDL and LDL particles.
CRESTOR is indicated:
1. as an adjunct to diet to reduce elevated total-C, LDL-C, ApoB, nonHDL-C, and TG levels and to increase HDL-C in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (heterozygous familial and nonfamilial) and mixed dyslipidemia (Fredrickson Type IIa and IIb);
2. as an adjunct to diet for the treatment of patients with elevated serum TG levels (Fredrickson Type IV);
3. to reduce LDL-C, total-C, and ApoB in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia as an adjunct to other lipid-lowering treatments (e.g., LDL apheresis) or if such treatments are unavailable
Metrochem API Expertise:
Metrochem API Pvt Ltd is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) through our manufacturing sites in Hyderabad and Vizag. Our API facilities have been inspected and approved by several global regulatory bodies including the US FDA, Japan PMDA, KFDA, and meet the cGMP compliance standards. Adapting quickly to the ever-evolving demands, we have emerged as one of the fastest growing organization in the pharmaceutical industry across the India. To cater our customer high volume requirements, we have dedicated each of our 6 manufacturing facilities to our 3 core product groups – APIs, Pelletization& Intermediates – reinforced by a well-equipped, centralized Research & Development laboratory.
We have been successfully supplying APIs all over the globe for more than 15 years. Total reactor volume exceeds 1200 KL which includes pilot and multi-purpose units. We are capable of executing extensive API requirements for our customers. Metrochem API Pvt Ltd has an experienced team of highly skilled chemists, experienced regulatory professionals and supply chain experts, who are ready to handle your API manufacturing requirements with expert care. We also offer Contract Manufacturing, Contract Research, and Custom Synthesis services. We have a stand-alone R&D center located in Hyderabad with State-of-the-art analytical facilities and over 90 scientists. We have extensively worked on and delivered new products across a wide variety of therapeutic segments and as a company, we have built strong expertise in new product development.