- Therapeutic Category : Antipsychotic
- CAS Number : 367514-88-3
- Molecular Formula : C28H36N4O2S
- Molecular Weight : 492.676 g/mol
- Mesh Size : As per Customer Requirement
- Form : Tablet
- Metrochem Development Status : Commercial
Mechanism of Action:
The mechanism of action of Lurasidone Hychloride in the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar depression is unknown. However, its efficacy in schizophrenia and bipolar depression could be mediated through a combination of central dopamine Type 2 (D2) and serotonin Type 2 (5HT2A) receptor antagonism.
Lurasidone Hychloride is an atypical antipsychotic for the treatment of:
- The efficacy of Lurasidone Hcl in schizophrenia was established in five 6-week controlled studies of adult patients with schizophrenia.
Depressive Episodes associated with Bipolar I Disorder
- Lurasidone Hcl is indicated as monotherapy for the treatment of patients with major depressive episodes associated with bipolar I disorder (bipolar depression). The efficacy of LATUDA was established in a 6-week monotherapy study in adult patients with bipolar depression.
Metrochem API Expertise:
Metrochem API Pvt Ltd is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) through our manufacturing sites in Hyderabad and Vizag. Our API facilities have been inspected and approved by several global regulatory bodies including the US FDA, Japan PMDA, KFDA, and meet the cGMP compliance standards. Adapting quickly to the ever-evolving demands, we have emerged as one of the fastest growing organization in the pharmaceutical industry across the India. To cater our customer high volume requirements, we have dedicated each of our 6 manufacturing facilities to our 3 core product groups – APIs, Pelletization& Intermediates – reinforced by a well equipped, centralized Research & Development laboratory.
We have been successfully supplying APIs all over the globe for more than 15 years. Total reactor volume exceeds 1200 KL which includes pilot and multi-purpose units. We are capable of executing extensive API requirements for our customers. Metrochem API Pvt Ltd has an experienced team of highly skilled chemists, experienced regulatory professionals and supply chain experts, who are ready to handle your API manufacturing requirements with expert care. We also offer Contract Manufacturing, Contract Research, and Custom Synthesis services. We have a stand-alone R&D center located in Hyderabad with State-of-the-art analytical facilities and over 90 scientists.We have extensively worked on and delivered new products across a wide variety of therapeutic segments and as a company, we have built strong expertise in new product development.