- Therapeutic Category : Antiviral
- CAS Number : 1985606-14-1
- Molecular Formula : C27H23F2N3O7S
- Molecular Weight: 571.6 g/mol
- Mesh Size : As per Customer Requirement
- Form : Tablet
- Metrochem Development Status : Pipeline
Metrochem API Pvt Ltd, a quality driven Baloxavir marboxil API Manufacturers in India.We have the latest technologies and experienced pharmaceutical manufacturers and all regulatory services and enforcement areas including raw materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients developed with finished formulations and purification technologies .We are supplier and exporter of products and services with the promise of competitive costs, high quality and reliable services to respectable global companies.
Mechanism of Action:
- Baloxavir marboxil is an antiviral drug with activity against influenza virus.
- Baloxavir marboxil is a prodrug that is converted by hydrolysis to baloxavir, the active form that exerts antiinfluenza virus activity. Baloxavir inhibits the endonuclease activity of the polymerase acidic (PA) protein, an influenza virus-specific enzyme in the viral RNA polymerase complex required for viral gene transcription, resulting in inhibition of influenza virus replication. The 50% inhibitory concentration (IC50) of baloxavir was 1.4 to 3.1 nM (n=4) for influenza A viruses and 4.5 to 8.9 nM (n=3) for influenza B viruses in a PA endonuclease assay. Viruses with reduced susceptibility to baloxavir have amino acid substitutions in the PA protein.
Baloxavir marboxil is an antiviral drug is indicated for the treatment of acute uncomplicated influenza in patients 12 years of age and older who have been symptomatic for no more than 48 hours. Limitations of Use: Influenza viruses change over time, and factors such as the virus type or subtype, emergence of resistance, or changes in viral virulence could diminish the clinical benefit of antiviral drugs.
Metrochem API Expertise:
Metrochem API Pvt Ltd is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) through our manufacturing sites in Hyderabad and Vizag. Our API facilities have been inspected and approved by several global regulatory bodies including the US FDA, Japan PMDA, KFDA, and meet the cGMP compliance standards. Adapting quickly to the ever-evolving demands, we have emerged as one of the fastest growing organization in the pharmaceutical industry across the India. To cater our customer high volume requirements, we have dedicated each of our 6 manufacturing facilities to our 3 core product groups – APIs, Pelletization& Intermediates – reinforced by a well equipped, centralized Research & Development laboratory.
We have been successfully supplying APIs all over the globe for more than 15 years. Total reactor volume exceeds 1200 KL which includes pilot and multi-purpose units. We are capable of executing extensive API requirements for our customers. Metrochem API Pvt Ltd has an experienced team of highly skilled chemists, experienced regulatory professionals and supply chain experts, who are ready to handle your API manufacturing requirements with expert care. We also offer Contract Manufacturing, Contract Research, and Custom Synthesis services. We have a stand-alone R&D center located in Hyderabad with State-of-the-art analytical facilities and over 90 scientists.We have extensively worked on and delivered new products across a wide variety of therapeutic segments and as a company, we have built strong expertise in new product development.